Forums » Changes to CCWB » Update on changes

Messages for Update on changes

Comment Posted by Admin Lix Nov 15, 2010 04:09 PM

CCWB has been moved to Thursday from 8-10pm at St. Patricks Elementary School

Here is the address:

2881 Main Street
Vancouver, BC V5T 3G1
Office Tel: (604) 874-7818
The gym is behind the church (plenty of parking in the back).

Please note:

1) I recalculated the cost per night and it is actually $5.50 per person because $100/18 = $5.50. I will ask for a top-up at next point on contact. I have to pay the full month up front so funds.

2) And to be clear to those that have paid ahead of time: you will not be deducted unless play. so the money carries over.

3) This is our permanent location for the forseable future and I think we're prety happy with the gym in general.

please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks

Lix

Comment Posted by Admin Lex Nov 16, 2010 03:04 AM

"The cost will be $30 for 3 months (or $5/night)." Is this still for 3 hours? If so, that's pretty good.

Lix, do you have Anders' number? I don't know if we can use his gym once a week. If you don't have his number, I will let you know once I'm back in Hong Kong (don't have it with me in China).

"Senior members..." Are we that old this soon?

Looks like Steve Kerr is back for good and Jeff is completely out of retirement. Great stuff!

Comment Posted by Admin Lix Nov 16, 2010 04:45 AM

Its for 2 hrs only and no i dun have anders contact info.

and yeah, only hor is banded

Comment Posted by Admin Lix Nov 18, 2010 09:05 AM

Sorry that Corpus Christi was closed on Tuesday. They didnt tell me that the staff was away and no one was available to open the doors for us. sigh....

Anyway, I have been looking around for a new gym and so far here's what i've uncovered.

VSB High School: As i have mentioned before, VSB is not renting any of their high schools at the moment.

Killarney Community Center told me that they do not have ANYTHING available for rent before 10pm. so unless you guys want to play ball from 10pm-12am, its a no go. in addition, there are extra charges to hire a staff during after hours and there may not be a staff that want to work at those times.

Kensington Community Center is also available for ongoing rental from 8pm-10pm BUT i dunno if they have a 3pt line, their floors are generally slippery, AND the only slot they have available is monday, which means we wont be able to play during stat holidays.

I also checked out St. Patrick's high school. They have a really nice gym and charge approx $3.00/nite. however, they have a pretty full crew for tuesday nite ball, which means we'll have to see if there is a different nite available.

Lastly, for the time being, im going to keep looking for elementary school gyms and see which one we like. mean while, im going to work on St. Pat's and see if we can get us a gym there because its a beaut.

Comment Posted by Admin Lix Nov 18, 2010 09:23 AM

ok, so i have some positive news about the st. patrick's gym.

they said that they currently have thursday nite available and is seeing if we can have it on an ongoing basis. the gym is $50/hr but its a high school gym. that means we can fit two full court games at the same time, or just one big game depending how many players we have. the gym is hardwood and waxed to perfection. i think we might have a winner here if things go well.

they also told me that they might be able to free the gym for us so we can have it from 7-10pm. we'll see.

Comment Posted by Timeless Nov 18, 2010 09:29 AM

Wow, this place sounds awesome

Comment Posted by Admin Lix Nov 18, 2010 09:59 AM

i saw it with my own eyes on tues (since i had free time after ball was cancelled). the gym is nice...

Comment Posted by yyyello Nov 18, 2010 11:11 AM

Kwan's back???? Steve Kerr was one of my favs from the 90s Bulls era...John Paxson was the first of my fav 3 pt jackers..then Steve Kerr....

Comment Posted by Admin Lix Nov 18, 2010 11:21 AM

yeah man, steve kerr is back and has the gat ready to go

Comment Posted by vince Nov 18, 2010 04:55 PM

nice, thanks lix. look forward to trying out st. pat's or elementary schools, whatever is available first for the time being.

Comment Posted by Admin Lex Nov 19, 2010 02:29 AM

"Wow, this place sounds awesome." Sounds like heaven - where Gods play!

Pipes, guess who this year's Steve Kerr is? The stats below are current players who have attempted at least 40 trifectas so far up till today:

1. Mickael Pietrus: 22 of 43, 51.2%
2. Travis Outlaw: 21 of 42, 50.0%
3. Shannon Brown: 20 of 41, 48.8%

"What can Brown do for you?" I think he will end up on top when the season's over. He was an average long-range shooter last year but I think he really worked on his shot over the summer.

Vince-anity is so eager to ball. Guess you are no longer playing just once a month.

Where has Rayban been?

Comment Posted by Admin Lix Nov 19, 2010 09:49 AM

TOUCHDOWN HAS BEEN ACHIEVED! WE HAVE A NEW GYM AT ST. PATRICK'S HIGH SCHOOL STARTING NOV 25, 2010!

THE COST IS $50/HR FOR 2 HRS (TOTAL $100)
THE COST SHOULD BE $5/NIGHT IF WE HAVE A FULL HOUSE.
THE GYM CAN SUPPORT TWO FULL COURT GAMES SO WE CAN HAVE 36 PLAYERS MAX.
BBALL WILL NOW BE ON THURSDAY NITES FROM 8PM-10PM

as for corpus christi, i just recieved a call from them and they'll be taking an addition nite off for dec for their xmas concert. in other words, we can only use their gym for nov.30 and dec 28.

ANYWAY, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOUHAVE ANY MORE REFERRALS TO GET THIS PARTY STARTED!

CHEERS EVERYBODY!

LIX

Comment Posted by Admin Lix Nov 19, 2010 09:53 AM

i should mention that bball is $5.00/ night if we have 18 players... it would be less if we have more.

Comment Posted by vince Nov 19, 2010 10:25 AM

sweet :) look forward to this.

yo lex, how's ball going in asia? still getting a chance to play?

Comment Posted by Timeless Nov 19, 2010 10:36 AM

yeah! high school gym! now all we need are refs and some stats guys to take down assists, rebounds, steals, blocks, turnovers, FT attemps, 3pt %,...

Comment Posted by Delonte Nov 19, 2010 11:48 AM

Woohoo! Sweet. Can't wait. How do we sign up referrals?
Wow this is my first post?

Comment Posted by yuen06 Nov 19, 2010 04:12 PM

yah!!!... thanx lix for looking for a gym for us.. we appreicate all your hard work and dedication.
where is st. patty's high school?

Comment Posted by Admin Lix Nov 20, 2010 03:04 AM

St. Patrick's Secondary School
115 East 11th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5T 2C1
(604) 874-6422

we play every thursday from 8-10pm

As for referrals, just give me a shout and let me know if you want to bring a friend!

Comment Posted by Admin Lex Nov 20, 2010 03:25 AM

Still haven't played since the last two times that I mentioned before, but will be playing with Alf, Justin and Justin's brother Josh tomorrow at an indoor gym in Wan Chai. Also a few other OLD OLD-timers, namely Alan, Bernard, Cliff and Johnson. I'm sure most of you remember the infamous Cliff Louie LOL. Alan hasn't balled for over a year and a half, so we'll find out if he's still "Automatic"!

Another Stats Whore - the more the merrier!

Delonte, that's a shame LOL.

Are we having a new name then? SPTB? Besides the obvious, it can also stand for "Steve (Iverson), Pass The Ball!"

Comment Posted by Timeless Nov 20, 2010 04:15 AM

i'm dowwwn for bball at SPTB.....!

Comment Posted by Admin Lex Nov 20, 2010 11:05 AM

Kaman, Anders' number is 604 780 3802. The school is called Vancouver Christian School, located at 3496 Mons Drive, Vancouver. His e-mail is spike_135@hotmail.com.

Comment Posted by vince Nov 21, 2010 04:47 PM

woah, so many CCWB guys in HK, cool!

Comment Posted by Admin Lex Nov 21, 2010 06:36 PM

Justin and Josh came late, so I was never on their team. =(

Will hook you up when you're here!

Comment Posted by Will Nov 23, 2010 03:59 AM

Hey Lester and Felix,

If ball is now on Thursday, then I can make it!!
You guys have room for an old-timer?? :)

Will

Comment Posted by Admin Lix Nov 23, 2010 05:19 AM

yeah man, it starts this thursday so i will save you a spot

Comment Posted by calvin Nov 23, 2010 06:29 AM

this is great that we have a gym again! i likely wont be able to commit every week but should be able to make it this week if there is space available.

thanks for getting this arranged lix!

Comment Posted by Will Nov 23, 2010 05:52 PM

Time is from 8pm to 10pm??

Comment Posted by Admin Lix Nov 24, 2010 05:45 AM

bball is at 8pm dood.. what's your contact number again? prolly best if i text you for updates

Comment Posted by Admin Lix Nov 25, 2010 03:59 AM

so just to let everyone know. i only booked 18 ppl for tonite as i suspect the gym may not be able to hold 2 games due to how the gym has been mapped out with its hoops. i will take a closer look tonite to make sure. but 18 is a pretty full house and i am excited! see you guys then!

Comment Posted by Will Nov 25, 2010 11:23 AM

Hey Felix,

I just realize I don't have your number either. Mine is 778-895-9533.
I wanted to let you know that I wouldn't be able to make it tonight due to the weather.

Put me in next week plzzzzzz!!!

Will

Comment Posted by Will Nov 25, 2010 12:58 PM

Nevermind, the streets around my place has cleared pretty good.
See you guys tonight!!

Will

Comment Posted by Admin Lix Nov 26, 2010 05:28 AM

made some changes so the information is up to date.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com