Forums » What's New? » Most overrated players in the NBA!

Messages for Most overrated players in the NBA!

Comment Posted by danielcslau Aug 03, 2009 11:45 AM
Comment Posted by Admin Lex Aug 03, 2009 04:03 PM

Haha, look at the comments. Someone says an over-Ray-ted list is incomplete without Paul Pierce lol, hahahaha!

KG's on the list because KG's cheap D in the 2008 Finals wasn't D at all. It's called pushing you are of the way - that's the way he was setting screens.

Chris Paul? At least give him a break for being 5'10" and playing every game like it's his last. If he is so opiniated about his pick-and-roll, why isn't there a second person that has more or similar success than he does? Charley Rosen = a white Anders, at least in having CP on this list lol.

Comment Posted by Admin Lix Aug 03, 2009 08:20 PM

the list doesnt have jack chan in it.

Comment Posted by Admin Lex Aug 04, 2009 03:21 AM

I don't think any of us ever thought of Jack Chan as an over-Ray-ted player. Where the heck are Ray and I in this thing?

Comment Posted by danielcslau Aug 04, 2009 04:07 AM

I don't think Paul Pierce is overrated. He was never rated very highly. He's never made 1st or 2nd team all NBA until last year. Nobody sees him as a great player except himself. He is, however, a really good player (crafty, good at drawing fouls, good defender if he wants to be, somewhat clutch)

KG's overrated because he has no go to moves on offense and chokes in crunch time. However, I still think he's a REALLY good player. And I've definitely seen cheaper D from other NBA players before. Lester's just hating cuz they took out the Lakers. ;p

CP3 is a great player no doubt (best PG in the NBA). But he plays a lot better against lesser competition, and not so good against other top PGs and against teams with good coaches. In the past few years, he got absolutely killed when he played against Deron Williams. The only good teams that Paul truly has success against is Phoenix and Cleveland. Both teams have horrible coaches and defense at the PG position.

JACK CHAN!!!!!! Don't diss man. That guy has won a championship at CCWB before! Even the ghost of Jack Chan could beat Ray in a game of one on one.

Comment Posted by Admin Lix Aug 04, 2009 05:02 AM

ouch man ouch.. that's so cold!

Comment Posted by Admin Lex Aug 04, 2009 05:23 AM

Whore, I totally agree with you on Paul Pierce. His offensive game needs no improvement: he can handle the rock, dribble drive, make 3s, face or post you up, finish with either hand, and finish with power or finesse. I just thought those posts were very funny lol. He was a total steal for the Celtics going 10th that year. They were actually shocked he was still available.

Lester's hating because he has proof lol:
http://

"Even the ghost of Jack Chan could beat Ray in a game of one on one" = quote of the century!

Comment Posted by rblmr Aug 04, 2009 05:31 AM

u guys ever wonder where jack chan is now? he's gone cuz i destroyed him!!

Comment Posted by Admin Lex Aug 04, 2009 05:50 AM

He got married. And he did so at CC I heard.

The only thing you ever destoryed was your own offensive game! =p

1998 NBA Draft
1 Michael Olowokandi
2 Mike Bibby
3 Raef LaFrentz
4 Antawn Jamison
5 Vince Carter
6 Robert Traylor
7 Jason Williams
8 Larry Hughes
9 Dirk Nowitzki
10 Paul Pierce

My version (a healthy Larry Hughes might've cracked my top 10; sorry to Olowokandi, LaFrentz, Tractor Traylor and White Chocolate lol):
1 Vince Carter (I'll actually have a tough time deciding between him and PP)
2 Paul Pierce
3 Dirk Nowitzki
4 Antawn Jamison
5 Rashard Lewis (went 32nd in the 2nd round in the real draft)
6 Matt Harpring (went 15th in the real draft - I'll have him on my team anyday of the week. I think he is very under-Ray-ted)
7 Mike Bibby
8 Cuttino Mobley (went 41st in the 2nd round in the real draft)
9 Bonzi Wells (went 11th in the real draft)
10 Brad Miller (was undrafted, but a 2-time All-Star)

Other Notables:
19 Pat Garrity
21 Ricky Davis (everyone's favorite lol... not!)
23 Tyronn Lue
25 Al Harrington
29 Nazr Mohammed
31 Ruben Patterson (self-proclaimed Kobe-stopper lol!)
39 Rafer Alston
43 Jahidi White (I used to love this guy lol)

Undrafted:
Earl Boykins
Anthony Carter
Mike James

Comment Posted by danielcslau Aug 04, 2009 06:01 AM

VC over PP? Talent over heart?

Olowokandi was such a typical Clippers' boneheaded pick.

Bonzi Wells... did you guys know that he turned down a 5 yr $40 million dollar deal only to have the market close on him and could only get a 2 yr $6 million dollar deal afterwards (my numbers are off the top of my head and are only approximates). Ouch!

I can't believe Brad Miller was undrafted! When was the last time you saw a big guy who could shoot not go in the first round?

Lubin Patterson!!!

Comment Posted by Admin Lex Aug 04, 2009 06:05 AM

VC had heart until the Raps became a really bad team. Too bad things turned out that way, he didn't handle it well at all. He's always dunking in the highlights, but most of his points came from the perimeter. A young VC was a pretty deadly shooter I must say. I was in Toronto at the time so I saw quite a bit of Raps games back in the days.

Yes, I remember that about Bonzi! Because he THOUGHT he was worth more lol!

Brad Miller is the slowest player in NBA history, I think that's why he was undrafted lol. White Anders says "Miller can hit open shots and make nifty passes. But he survives mainly because defenders tend to ignore him." Ignore him? I completely disagree!

"Lubin Patterson" lol, now that's a good one! LuBix! =p

Whore, what's your top 10 for 1998?

Comment Posted by danielcslau Aug 04, 2009 06:34 AM

Bonzi was a dumbass... I don't blame him... he's black ;p (that was my racist joke of the day... I don't really mean it). However, I do blame his agent. WTF was he thinking? Bonzi isn't even a mid-level exemption player.

White Anders. LOL!!!!!!

My top 10 is basically like your list except I would put Mike Bibby a little bit higher, and I would have JACK CHAN at the top of the list!

Comment Posted by Admin Lex Aug 04, 2009 06:41 AM

Speaking of blaming agents, I blame Trevor Ariza's! Argh!

Yeah, I kind of thought about Bibby. Depending on your team's needs, I'm sure someone will pick him over Lewis and/or Harpring.

Jack Chan will forever be a legend. Too bad I've only played with/against him for less than a half-dozen times.

"The 2009-10 season will begin with a doubleheader on Tuesday, Oct. 27 between the Boston Celtics and Cleveland Cavaliers. In the second game on TNT, the Los Angeles Lakers host Los Angeles Clippers.

ESPN’s game coverage opens with a doubleheader on Wednesday, Oct. 28, beginning at 8 p.m. ET as the San Antonio Spurs host the New Orleans Hornets. The nightcap features the Utah Jazz visiting the Denver Nuggets."

Oh no! October 27th is a Tuesday! Blake Griffin's (and Ron Ron's) debut on purple and gold floor!

Comment Posted by danielcslau Aug 04, 2009 09:18 AM

I've played with Jack Chan many times in highschool. If they ever made a poster of me, he'd be in it too. ;)

Comment Posted by Admin Lex Aug 04, 2009 09:27 AM

Does that mean he's a legend for all the wrong reasons? Like Ray? Hahahahahahaha!

Comment Posted by Admin Lix Aug 04, 2009 09:57 AM

i think we under-rated jack chan's running game. He seems to run back and forth a lot when he's playing at ccwb... i dunno about his handling, shot, passing or anything else... but i do remember him running. but most importantly, i remember taking that damn 3 on 3 championship pic of him, alf and luis... bastards!

Comment Posted by Admin Lex Aug 04, 2009 11:00 AM

Too bad I wasn't there. Zechy's team (finalist) would've won with me. Alf and Luis ja ma! =p

Comment Posted by Admin Lix Aug 04, 2009 02:25 PM

and of course, there wasnt a whole lot of running needed in a half court game

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com