Forums » What's New? » NBA back in town on Oct 22!!!

Messages for NBA back in town on Oct 22!!!

Comment Posted by Admin Lix Jul 29, 2009 11:43 AM

Anyone interested in going to the exhibition game on Oct 22. I think is Phoenix versus Memphis!!!

Comment Posted by rblmr Jul 29, 2009 12:19 PM

im down to watch nash n his new 22 mill contract extension.

Comment Posted by Admin Lex Jul 29, 2009 05:11 PM

They are playing the PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS, not Memphis Grizzlies.

Jul 29, 2009 3:48 PM EST

Having just signed a contract extension with the Suns, Steve Nash took just a few seconds to look back on the last few years.

"You know what? I enjoy life too much to look back a lot," Nash told the Arizona Republic of his five years with the Suns. "I have too much to look forward to each day, too much left to accomplish and work for. Yeah, it's a shame and it hurts, if I take a minute to stop and think about it. But I don't really have any regrets, and I look forward to continuing to improve and being part of a great environment and a great team."

As positive and forgiving as Nash sounded, he proved that he could be bitter too.

"No one gave us Pau Gasol for nothing," he added.

Nash was referring to a February 2008 trade between the Grizzlies and Lakers. Los Angeles acquired Gasol and a 2010 second round pick from Memphis for Kwame Brown, Javaris Crittenton, Aaron McKie, the rights to Marc Gasol and two future draft picks.

Comment Posted by Timeless Jul 29, 2009 07:15 PM

I'm interested. It's going to be Nash's twilight years.

Comment Posted by danielcslau Jul 30, 2009 04:14 AM

I'm down if it's a regular season game (it should be right?)

If they play the memphis grizzlies (can't believe they still haven't change the stupid name), I'll wear my Big Country Reeves jersey (I actually don't have one... but I could make one... the same way Alf made his ZecKy jersey)>

Comment Posted by Admin Lex Jul 30, 2009 06:10 AM

No man, it's a pre-season game of course! The first game of the regular season nowadays is always October 30 or 31 or November 1. As far as I can remember, a non-NBA City never hosts a game that counts lol!

Haha, "zecKy"!!! Stupid Alf!...

Big Country for Prime Minister!!!

Jul 30, 2009 11:31 AM EST

Rivals Seem To Appreciate Odom's Value More Than The Lakers

If Lamar Odom does not re-sign with the Lakers, the clear consensus is that the balance of power will shift in the Western Conference.

“If he goes somewhere else, they’re vulnerable,” a Western Conference general manager said Wednesday. “With him, they’re the favorites.”

Said one West advance scout: “I definitely would think it’s unanimous in the league that if Lamar goes somewhere else, well at the very least in the West, that it gives you a glimmer of hope that even if Kobe plays great you’re right there with them.”

There is a statistic that provides a true indication of Odom’s value: individual plus-minus. Odom finished the 2008-09 season with a team-best +693 plus-minus – better than both Bryant (+659) and Gasol (+572). Moreover, the only NBA player with a higher plus-minus than Odom’s was Cleveland’s LeBron James(notes) (+871).

“It’s about being able to pass, dribble and shoot,” a longtime NBA assistant coach said. “[Odom] can pass, dribble and shoot. You take all three of those things away from a team and it hurts you. You’re taking away a guy that can do all that.”

Comment Posted by Admin Lix Jul 30, 2009 07:56 AM

hey lester,

can you check and see when the tickets go on sale and we should see how many ppl wanna go and just buy a bunch of tickets. thanks

Comment Posted by Admin Lex Jul 30, 2009 11:02 AM

No problem... as long as you pay for the ones taken by nobody lol. Honestly there is no point watching the game at GM Place if the seats are worse than what you see on TV, and I don't know if people are willing to pay...

Jul 30, 2009 5:12 PM EST

Odom Will Sign With Lakers

Lamar Odom will sign a four-year contract, with the fourth year at the Lakers' option.

One source with knowledge of the talks told ESPN.com the four-year deal is worth $33 million if the Lakers exercise the final year of the contract.

Neither Mitch Kupchak or Odom's agent, Jeff Schwartz, commented on the report.

The Heat and Blazers also were interested in Odom.

Comment Posted by Admin Lix Jul 30, 2009 11:38 AM

i dun think tix will be that $$$ so we should should look into a few options

Comment Posted by Admin Lex Jul 30, 2009 01:53 PM

I posted a photo in the photos section. I was sitting right behind the Suns bench, think they were under $130. If it was a regular season game, at seat would've cost at least 4-5 times what I paid. At least!

But anyway, I'm not going though. I gotta pay my mom triple the amount of money I've been giving her and I'm broke as heck. I think I heard on the radio the tickets go on sale this Saturday. So the sooner you guys get it, the better seats you'll have.

Comment Posted by rblmr Aug 01, 2009 04:51 PM

http://

fast forward up to 1:12, some funny stuff!!!

Comment Posted by Timeless Aug 02, 2009 05:09 AM

http://

it's jazz vs bulls all over again.

I like how shaq was playing scrabble....
lol

Comment Posted by Admin Lix Aug 06, 2009 04:47 AM

ok guys, im gonna be checking out the tix today... so far i have ray, vic, vince, myself that's interested... im gonna throw in dan as well even tho its not a full season game. anyone else in?

Comment Posted by danielcslau Aug 06, 2009 05:34 AM

Yep, I'm in!

Comment Posted by vince Aug 06, 2009 05:37 AM

ok, i'm ordering soon before we can't get so many seats in a row.

so far i have:

lix
lex
gary
dan
ray
vic
vince

Please confirm :)

Comment Posted by Admin Lix Aug 06, 2009 05:42 AM

joe kwan is in.... he just msg me

Comment Posted by vince Aug 06, 2009 05:53 AM

ok JOE and RICHARD replied at the same time, but richard hasn't confirmed yet.

i'll start a waitlist haha

Comment Posted by vince Aug 06, 2009 05:54 AM

Phoenix Suns vs. Portland Trail Blazers
General Motors Place, Vancouver, BC
Thu, Oct 22, 2009 07:00 PM

Order for: Vincent Lee
Seat location: section 103, row 25, seats 101-108
Total Charge: CA $444.25 / 8

Comment Posted by Admin Lex Aug 06, 2009 06:12 AM

What happened to section 119 row 21 lol. The Spirit of Ray workin its magic again? lol

By the way, Brandon Roy just signed for $80 million for 5 years with Portland. Wow.

Comment Posted by vince Aug 06, 2009 06:24 AM

haha those only lasted for about 2mins, then it was gone. plus, 4 tix compared 8 tix makes it even harder haha

so $55.50 a person. cheques are preferred, but cash is fine too :)

Comment Posted by Admin Lex Aug 06, 2009 06:37 AM

Japanese Yen right? Cool cool. Credit card? =p

2009-10 Phoenix Suns Roster:
Louis Amundson
Leandro Barbosa (the reason Victor is going)
Earl Clark
Goran Dragic
Jared Dudley
Channing Frye
Taylor Griffin (Unsigned Draft Pick)
Grant Hill
Robin Lopez
Steve Nash
Aleksandar Pavlovic
Jason Richardson
Amare Stoudemire
Stromile Swift (Free Agent)
Alando Tucker
Ben Wallace (the reason Ray is going) - but Big Ben won't play because he's waived by the Suns

2009-10 Portland Trail Blazers Roster:
LaMarcus Aldridge
Nicolas Batum
Jerryd Bayless
Steve Blake
Victor Claver (Unsigned Draft Pick)
Dante Cunningham (Unsigned Draft Pick)
Rudy Fernandez
Raef LaFrentz (Free Agent)
Andre Miller
Patrick Mills (Unsigned Draft Pick)
Greg Oden
Travis Outlaw
Jeff Pendergraph (Unsigned Draft Pick)
Joel Przybilla
Shavlik Randolph (Free Agent)
Brandon Roy
Michael Ruffin (Free Agent)
Martell Webster

Comment Posted by Timeless Aug 06, 2009 03:10 PM

No way man, I'm going to cuz of Steve Nash.

Comment Posted by Admin Lex Aug 07, 2009 08:22 AM

You're going because 58 is going =p

Comment Posted by Admin Lix Aug 07, 2009 11:20 AM

hey vince, any tickets left cause i zechy might be interested!

Comment Posted by Admin Lex Aug 07, 2009 08:28 PM

Vince could only get 8 tickets max! I can give my spot to baby Z if nobody bails!

Comment Posted by danielcslau Aug 10, 2009 06:20 AM

I'll scalp my ticket to Z for $10,000 ;)

Comment Posted by vince Aug 10, 2009 08:06 AM

hey guys, can't make it to ball tomorrow. but if u bring a cheque, i guess u can give it to lix first for me or give it to me the week after :)

Comment Posted by Admin Lex Aug 10, 2009 08:21 AM

Z can seriously take mine though, no worries lol. Vince is so mean! =p

Whore has a date with a sister! =p

Comment Posted by danielcslau Aug 10, 2009 12:38 PM

LOL! Sister jokes don't work with me. I'm married with children!

Comment Posted by Admin Lex Aug 10, 2009 08:36 PM

They work on everybody. Just because you're married with children doesn't mean you can't......

Comment Posted by vince Aug 17, 2009 08:02 AM

hey lex, i can't make it again this week :( dammit.

if anyone brings their money for the tix, can you just give it to lix? i should be at ball next week.

Comment Posted by Admin Lex Aug 17, 2009 09:31 AM

Jeez, you're turning into Ray! Bailer!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com