2 Alf (IV, V)
1 Lester (VII)
1 Oliver (VI)
1 Victor (VIII)

8th 3-on-3 Tournament
January 20, 2009
Champs = Erick + Hunter + Justin + Victor

Standings after Round Robin:
1st seed: LESTER + Luis + Richard + Vince (6-0)
2nd seed: ERICK + Hunter + Justin + Victor (3-3)
3rd seed: WHORE + Edison + Jeff + Lil Girl (2-4)
4th seed: FELIX + Emerson + Ray + Zechy (1-5)

Round Robin Phase 1:
E beat F 7-5
L beat W 7-6
L beat E 7-3
F beat W 7-3
W beat E 7-6
L beat F 7-5

Round Robin Phase 2:
E beat F 7-3
L beat W 7-5
L beat E 7-6
W beat F 7-6
E beat W 7-4
L beat F 7-6

Playoffs

Semi-Finals:
#1 seed L beat #4 seed F 9-7, 9-8
#2 seed E beat #3 seed W 9-6, 9-8

Finals:
#2 seed E beat #1 seed L 11-8, 11-9

Highlights
see below

Injuries
?

All-CCWB Tournament First-Team
Erick, Hunter, Justin, Luis, Richard

MVP
Justin? Victor?

Comment Posted by yuen06 Jan 10, 2009 05:05 PM

i want to play.

Comment Posted by zedin Jan 13, 2009 08:52 AM

pls be ball today. and i'm on ericks team for the 3 on 3

Comment Posted by yyyello Jan 20, 2009 04:00 AM

are there only 4 teams?

Comment Posted by Admin Lester Jan 20, 2009 04:06 AM

yes siree bob

Comment Posted by zedin Jan 20, 2009 04:37 AM

is the tourny still on then with just 4 teams? is it four team of 4 or 3?12 people or 16 people?

Comment Posted by Admin Lester Jan 20, 2009 04:44 AM

there are clearly 16 names on the list above lol (4 teams of 4)

Comment Posted by vince Jan 20, 2009 09:11 AM

haha that's funny.

lester, i won't be there until about 730pm sorry dude! get off work late. see u guys then.

Comment Posted by Admin Lester Jan 20, 2009 09:14 AM

no worries!

Comment Posted by Admin Lester Jan 21, 2009 01:58 AM

Congrats to the Clones and congrats to Victor for getting his first ring and Hunter going 1-for-1 in 3-on-3 competition!

Comment Posted by Admin Lix Jan 21, 2009 04:36 AM

congrats guys... victor man you earned that ring man... i think you were draining 3's like nuts last nite!

Comment Posted by Timeless Jan 21, 2009 04:58 PM

Thanks guys! I don't think I was hitting that many 3s. Justin hit a lot more 3s, especially the final. Couldn't have done it without Erick's trick shots and consistent bank shot and Hunter's defense and rebounding.

A few plays I remember that I contributed was:
-knocked the ball loose from Whore, then me and Erick played hot potato, then Justin scored the winner.
-the final basket off a screen at the foul line. Before that, I didn't make a basket for a long time.

I think it's time for me to retire. Go out winning!! lol

Comment Posted by zedin Jan 22, 2009 02:03 AM

thx for organizing the 3 on 3 again lester. good thing we fit it all in one night or else we woulda taken up 2 weeks of ball. sorry we had to be cheap and rush you to start the finals, but we barely fit in that last game there, (we wouldn't of been able to play a 3-game series).

that was a nice steal in the semis by victor. we really needed it b/c they just scored a few in a row and had all the momentum. and his game winner for the finals didn't come at a better time b/c richard was killing us inside and just getting lay ups over us one after another. very clutch victor. hunter was solid guarding the biggest guy on every team. he was crazy on the boards for us too.

for highlights:
1.zechy had a quite a few highlight drives. i member one that he made with a huge slap from luis.
2. erick/richard(pt for our team) had a tip in, i think, that almost hit the top the of the board and went in.
3. i didn't read the top of the forum to see how many players there were and had to ask.

Comment Posted by Admin Lester Jan 22, 2009 04:08 AM

Funny how I told my teammates not to give up any long bombs, and I close out late on you 3 times in the Finals, sigh~

That tip-in totally killed me. It actually did hit the top of the backboard and bounced back into the hoop. Erick got right up between Richard and Luis for that tip, it was just an insane play, and we kind of lost momentum after that~

Who's MVP? And who's the 5th All-Star?

Comment Posted by zedin Jan 22, 2009 04:31 AM

just put richard for the all star, cuz we couldn't guard him and that line-up needs a big guy. and i vote vic for mvp cuz of the game winner

Comment Posted by Admin Lester Jan 22, 2009 05:24 AM

I'll put their names in for now. I'll change them if somebody makes a strong case to change them!

Comment Posted by yuen06 Jan 22, 2009 03:27 PM

another good job organizing the 3vs3 admins. very well done.. altho we kinda rushed near the end and whined & cried during the break about continuing or having 5vs5. overall ... good job..

Lesters team shouldve made a call about the ball hiting the top of the backboard.. the game might've turned around for them...

i also vote victor for mpv. he was calm while the game was on the line and didn't go throwing up difficult 2's but instead go for the easy 1s, hitting critical shots and elevating his game to another level. Victor gets my vote for MPV

Comment Posted by Admin Lester Jan 23, 2009 02:14 AM

i think if the ball hits the top of the backboard & comes back down from the same side, it's still in; if it hits it then goes behind it, it's out. i'm not so sure about the former though, but i'm sure about the latter.

what's MPV? =p

Comment Posted by zedin Jan 23, 2009 05:42 AM

multi purpose victor?

Comment Posted by Admin Lester Jan 23, 2009 09:02 AM

my president victor?

Comment Posted by Timeless Jan 24, 2009 05:04 AM

lol, Ok, my vote for MVP, not MPV would be Justin for making a lot of 3s to give us the big leads in the playoff games. I believe MPV is a Mazda van. I don't like driving vans...

Comment Posted by Admin Lester Jan 24, 2009 12:25 PM

taking us to school... in a van lol

Comment Posted by vince Jan 28, 2009 02:37 PM

nice, i think vic played really well, but justin was hitting a lot of 3s in the finals to take us down.

yeah, it was tiring playin the games so tightly, but i can't complain, i just kept subbing off cuz my legs couldn't really take it. hopefully next time we have more teams so we can play round robin where we only play each team once or something.

but regardless, all worked out and it was fun. luis was crazy hot in the round robin giving us a perfect record!

Comment Posted by Admin Lix Jan 29, 2009 06:42 PM

vince = traitor!

Comment Posted by Admin Lester Jan 30, 2009 02:14 AM

Luis was hot!

Vince = Shane Battier!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com