Forums » Nightly Stats and Highlights » 2006 AUG - DEC (Thursdays)

Messages for 2006 AUG - DEC (Thursdays)

Comment Posted by Admin Lester Oct 01, 2008 06:07 AM

December 28

Welcome all newbies / old-timers back!

(6-3) Justin (2), Andy Tsui, Derek Ngai, Emerson, Gary, Stats Whore
(3-4) Alf (3), Colin, King, Matthew Wang, Richard, Steve Wu (no show)
(2-4) Lester (1), Alvin Kwan, David, Evan, Steve Lee, Zechy

Highlights
3. Stats Whore not driving to the basket much. 90% of his shots were from downtown, hitting most of them of course. Bastard
2. Alf's lay-up with the Karl Malone hand-to-the-ear impression + smacking the backboard hard. Gotta love it!
1. King and Zechy feeling each other up after both were tripped on the baseline. They were all smiles after that. Hmm... did they get a room afterwards?

Stars
3. King
2. Alf
1. Justin & Stats Whore Bastards

Donations
$0

December 21
Cancelled due to church events.

December 14

Whore, I always play tough D, I put a hand in your face every time you shot the ball. But you just kept nailing them anyway

Can someone tell me who in the world is Clayton Tang? The dude also signed up for the tournament, was a no show tonight.

A sad turn-out of only 8 people, but was fun. Most important of all, no injuries. Teams were all decided by free throws. 4-on-4s were full-court. Take a wild guess for the other ones.

Game 1 Alvin Kwan, Colin beat Lester, Patrick Chee 7-3

Game 2 Alvin, Lester, Stats Whore beat Colin, Gary, Patrick 11-6

Game 3 Alvin, Patrick, Pong, Stats Whore beat Colin, Gary, Lester, Sherman 11-7

Game 4 Re-match of game 3. 11-9 for second straight win.

Game 5 Alvin, Lester, Patrick beat Gary, Pong, Sherman 7-3

Game 6 Alvin, Colin, Gary, Stats Whore beat Lester, Patrick, Pong, Sherman 11-8

Game 7 Colin, Pong, Sherman, Stats Whore beat Alvin, Gary, Lester, Patrick 11-9; was down 9-6 at one point. My bad guys, I didn't nail the game-winning trifecta

Game 8 Lester, Pong, Sherman beat Alvin, Patrick, Gary 7-0

Game 9 Alvin, Gary, Patrick beat Lester, Sherman, Stats Whore 7-0

Game 10 Alvin, Gary, Patrick beat Pong, Sherman, Stats Whore 7-?

Highlights
3. Stats Whore scoring 9 of the possible 11 points for his team in game # 7 with 3 trifectas. Injury? What injury?
2. Lester setting up an under-hand scoop alley-oop for Pong after penetrating into the right side of the free-throw line. A lot of ooohs and aaahs after that one!
1. Stats Whore drives to around the same spot as the play above. In this one though, his back was facing the hoop as if he's going to pass it back out to somebody for a trifecta attmept. He was actually wanting Lester to bite on that. The ball was floated into the paint into Pong's hands for an uncontested lay-up. I don't think I've even seen a play like that one, even in the NBA. That was sweeeeeet~

Stars
3. Lester: Hey, I made it on the list!
2. Alvin: Every time he went for a trey I always scream "No way!" Got Stats Whore laughing.
1. Stats Whore: the only guy from the "Top 4" tonight, no surprise here~ Injured? Ya right

Donations
$2 Colin

December 7

... Zechy did that exact same move to me too at the start of one of the games... it was either a 3 or a long 2 lol, so cheap

(9-2) Ray (2), Erick, Felix, Justin Wu, Zechy
(4-5) Lester (1), Alf, Clayton J., Emerson, Gary, Vince
(1-7) Jayrome (3), Franco, Joe, Justin Tser, Patrick

Longest Winning Streak
8 (last 8 games) by Ray's team
Is this a CCWB record? Let me know Stats Whore. I seriously don't know lol

Highlights
4. Clayton's display on fancy dribbling
3. Clayton's tap dunk on the break
2. Justin Wu's partically blocked lay-up by Alf that managed to go in
1. Jayrome scoring all 7 points in the third game for a 7-5 win over Ray's team. Thanks TT You and Jayrome own this record!

Stars
3. Clayton: how tall is he? 6'2"? 6'3"? And he's the starting point guard for his high school team (3 game-winners in the 4 wins, one was a trifecta)
2. Ray: I think it's the first time Ray getting a winning record when being a captain lol RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY.
1. Justin Wu: 4 game-winners. Again, would still be #1 if he had no game-winners. I'm sure you remember the game-winning rainbow over Alf in game number 7 with the game tied at 6

Donations
$0

November 30 by Alf

Welcome David's friend Randy!

We had 4-on-4 up to 11, only 8 people showed up

Roster
Awesome Show-Uppers: Zechy, Thunder, Alf, Justin, Haslem, Joe, David, Randy (David's friend)
Unsensational SELLOUTTERs: Gary, Franco, Matrix

Franco & Matrix did let me know that they couldn't come. I text David to let you know, but don't know if he got the message or if he did tell you. Initially I text Gary but he told me he couldn't make it as well.

What's happening people?
Did everyone get girlfriends?
Where's everyone?

I don't remember what the scores were, nor do I remember what the teams where. I remember that Justin lost his first 5 or so games before he got on the winning team. We shot for new teams every so often, it worked out pretty well.

Highlights
- Joe blocking someone, can't remember who (Haslem?) I'm sure it was on you, Alf!
- Alf fixing the rim after dunking on it?
- Justin Using his Mr. Fantastic Powers again I can sooo picture that lol, it's a given
- Randy's good-looking shot (too bad it wasn't going down) someone's got a better looking shot than you Alf?! I'm shocked lol
- Randy's hooking layup
- Dave's multiple trifectas

Stars
3) Zechy: Fast and Furious here. When everyone was tired. He was still going full speed for open layups. I don't think he lost a game today. He must of scored like all the points for both teams tonight.
2) Joe: On FIRE! Was hitting everything . I can't remember a missed shot from him tonight. Although he didn't do any Joe's Special Delivery's. He did a perfect Wally Szczerbiak impression tonight. What's Wally Szczerbiak's impression? All I know is that he got a tan now lol, and he's probably the second leading scorer in Boston behind P-squared.
1) Haslem: I must admit, when I saw him first starting off with us, I thought he was rawer than sashimi. I've never seen anyone polish their game so fast. He's now a fully capable triple threat. He can shoot on you, he can drive and do his Luis floaters, and is always a passing threat. Wow. You go Girl!

Donations
$0

Thanks Alf!

November 23

Stats Whore dropped by in tight clothes AGAIN!

All games were up to 11, win by 2. Game-winners in brackets.

*I'm actually not sure if these are the right teams, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Game 1* 3-on-3 half-court
Franco + Justin + Lester beat Erick + Gary + King 11-9

Game 2* 4-on-4 half-court or full-court?
Erick + Franco + Justin + Lester beat Alf + Erick + Gary + King + Pat 11-7

Games 3-7

(4-1) Felix, King, Lester, Pat, Zechy
(1-4) Alf, Erick, Franco, Gary, Joe, Justin

Scores were 12-10 (didn't write it down ), 16-13 (Zechy from downtown, but we only needed one point for the win... cocky ), 11-8 (Zechy again), 12-10 (King), 8-11 (Justin)

Games 8 and 9

(1-1) Alf, Erick, Joe, Lester, Pat
(1-1) Felix, Franco, Gary, Justin, King, Zechy

F beat A 12-10 (Justin), then A beat F 11-8 (Pat)

Highlights
4. Gary's bank-shot over Lester. Plus the foul!
3. Joe's 2 massive blocks on Lester and Pat (I think it was Pat, can't remember)
2. Zechy's back-to-the-basket reverse lay-up. It was from the middle of the floor, not from the baseline. Felix read it well on D but it went in anyway.
1. King's game-winning floater in game 6 (see above). Was hacked by Joe in the process.

Stars
3. Justin: was struggling the whole night but picked it up in the last 3 games... because that was the time when Lester started guarding him lol. I need an additional limb on both arms to stop you
2. Gary: the leading scorer thus far in the NBA pays a visit to CCWB and schooled some asses tonight. He was a scoring machine for the most part, but like Felix got tired as the night went on.
1. Felix: Kaman was awesome tonight on both ends, must've been playing everyday in the playgrounds in Hong Kong and China, and I wasn't expecting you back so soon. That 4-game winning streak to start the night was awesome.

Donations
$0

November 16

Welcome Franco's friend Barrett!

We played 4-on-4 full-court tonight since there were only 13 of us.

(7-2) Kevin (3), Barrett, Joe, Pat, Vince
(2-4) Justin (2), David, Lester, Zechy
(2-5) Ray (1), Emerson, Franco, Simon

Although the records were pretty lopsided, the scores were really close...

Game 1 K beat R 7-6
Game 2 J beat K 7-5
Game 3 R beat J 7-6
Game 4 K beat R 7-5
Game 5 K beat J 7-6
Game 6 R beat K 7-5
Game 7 J beat R 7-5
Game 8 K beat J 7-5
Game 9 K beat R 7-4
Game 10 K beat J 7-6
Game 11 K beat R 7-6

After Barrett, Emerson and Franco got a room for a little menage-a-trois, we played 5-on-5 for 15 minutes. Team Joe + Kevin + Pat + Ray + Vince beat Team David + Justin + Lester + Simon + Zechy 22-17. Hey Stats Whore, there were no free throws this time lol

Highlights
3. Down 5-2 in game 3, Ray's team scored 5 straight to cap off a 7-5 win over Lester's team.
2. Simon's stumbling mini-hook over Kevin in game 6. It was so incredible Kevin thought he travelled
1. Kevin's back-to-the-basket over-the-head finger-roll over Ray in game 9.

MVP
Kevin, dominated inside even when double- or triple-teamed and probably shot 85% from downtown. Everybody else had a rough night

Donations
$5 Ray
$4 Barrett

November 9

Yeah Ray, you're next on my list!

Stats Whore completely shaved his head. He looks like his man Ray Allen now.

(6-1) Alf (1), Erick, Gary, Kelvin, King, Stats Whore
(2-4) Lester (3), Emerson, Jeff, Justin, Simon
(1-4) Franco (2), Billy, Colin, David, Patrick

Highlights
3. Of Alf's 6 wins, 5 game-winners were by Stats Whore, and 4 of those were trifectas. You're freakin crazy, dude
2. Justin's turn-around fade-away that was partially blocked by Stats Whore but somehow still had the presence of mind to get the ball into a decent shooting position while still in mid-air for a banker. Stats Whore was stunned. Yeah man, I was your face after that shot... it looked like you saw a ghost!
1. Stats Whore makes an entry pass to Alf for a point-blank bank shot. As that pass leaves Stats Whore's hands, Lester (Alf's check) was still at the 3-point line. But when Alf went up, Lester slams the ball into the wall. I loved that! And I had no idea how I got there in time for the block, but that made my day. (Hey Ray, I have another block! )

Stars
3. King: both him & Stats Whore entered the gym with a toque... hmm, I wonder what they were doin before game time... & they were on the same team too... hmm...
2. Alf: you stink like Luis)
1. Well duh, who else could it be? Your mama?

Bonus
Since Billy, Colin, Gary and Kelvin took off early, we had two timed games at the end of the night. Both games were 10 minutes long consisting of free throws and jump-balls. We had many good laughs. When all was said and done, Team Alf + Franco + Jeff + King + Simon + Stats Whore beat Team David + Emerson + Erick + Justin + Lester + Patrick 23-22 and 22-18.

Donations
$4 Colin
$2 Patrick

November 2

For a comeback Stats Whore, really it should be "Stats Whore & Vince" for #1 Stars. I mean seriously!

(6-4) Lester (1), David, Norton, Patrick, Simon, Stats Whore
(5-4) Alf (2), Colin (no show), Emerson, Jeff, Ray, Zechy
(2-5) Thunder (3), Erick, Franco, Gary, King, Steve

Highlights
3. a) Alf's wide-open missed lay-up. Hey Alf, at least get some rim on that shot. Oh my... b) Alf elbows his own teammate Jeff while making a reverse lay-up. Watch it Alf
2. Simon's explosive power drive to the basket that beat Alf's entire team right down the gut.
1. King & Stats Whore were fighting over Lester as to who's his real boyfriend. How many times do I have to tell you guys that I'm not gay? All kidding aside, I just think they were both heading towards the hoop once game 8's first shot went up. Stats Whore claimed he was hit in the face by King in the process but I didn't see what happened. I'm sure it wasn't a cheap shot by King (the only person who gives out cheap shots at CCWB is Alf anyway ), but Stats Whore was really hot. King was telling him what happened, & when Stats Whore kept raising his voice King did too, then King apologized. Jeez guys, you're both good boys in my book (yes, that's the Michael Jackson in me that's talkin'), & as Thunder would say, "it's only basketball!" . Damn guys, I didn't see that coming. I wanna see a Magic Johnson & Isiah Thomas "kissy kiss-kiss" before you guys square off next time, just like they did in the 80s

Stars
3. Alf: I've said it before & I'll say it again... if you can stop Alf in the post, GIVE ME A CALL! He makes it look too easy down there. Alf stinks like Luis
2. Patrick: did all the little things that don't show up on the stat sheet, including shutting down RRRRRRAAAAAAYYYYYY
1. Stats Whore & Simon: anchored the offence

Injuries
Thunder, worsened his already injured index finger (on a side note, I blocked your 3 for the first time! Ray was like, "Lester, that's the first time I saw you block!" My D's that bad?! Oh yeah, cuz I got no hops )

Donations
$0

October 26

A CCWB record of only 10 games played

(6-2) Stats Whore (1), Franco, Jeff, Joe, Justin, Vince
(2-4) Simon (2), Erick, Gary, Jacky, Pat, Zechy
(2-4) Alf (3), Alvin Kwan, King, Lester, Norton, Steve

Highlights
3. In the warm-up game, Jacky grabbed the rebound with one hand & went back up with his arm forming a big circle putting the ball back in... all in one motion!
2. Alf & Simon's pick-&-roll x 2. To break it down, they were running in mini-circles with picks & short passes. It seemed like they drew it up before the game or something. Simon was a sub too.
1. Simon's acrobatic, running-out-of-room, over-the-head rainbow for an impossible hoop.

Stars
3. Stats Whore: An off night, but as usual delivered in the clutch. 2 trifectas as game-winners in games 5 & 8.
2. Alf: Was really aggressive tonight for some reason. Must be because he just finished his midterms.
1. Franco: Although he commited a few more offensive fouls than usual, his overall game was solid. In the last game, he had 2 straight treys: first one was a bank & 2nd one was a game-winning swish. Alvin says you're the best player!... & he said that after the warm-up game too!

Injuries
King, bruised lip from Alf's headbutt
Stats Whore, fingers & balls in the warm-up game

Donations
$0

October 17

Good luck with that Ray, I bet he'd rather call in sick then to not watch Ludacris (I mean Donyell Marshall) & Luke Walton hahahaha

By the way, Joe didn't come tonight because he has an NBA Yahoo Fanstasy meeting to go to. Now that's hardcore~

Z, Pat crossed me over on one play & Alf says, "I saw that, Lester." Ok, I'll take your name off. & Alf, who's Alf? He's so dominant cuz I wasn't guarding him. The only guy I can't guard in the post is Franco & Jayrome (yes, Ray, I can guard you... cuz u never post! RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY)

Thanks for the props & advice, Franco. Funny how you're saying my muscles bulge cuz I haven't been going to the gym since Alan came to play (Sep 14th, see below). If I flex my pipes & you poke at it, it's actually soft as a pillow. It used to be like a rock. Yeah, used to. A few weeks / months ago when you scored on me, Simon said: "All that working out is for nothin." He's right, you had 4 baskets on me in one of the games last night. In total, I think you had 15+ baskets on me alone the whole night. It was like if I wasn't there . Cliff did a better job on you than me... at least he took you out! And man, my outside shots are falling, but if I'm ever 5 to 8 feet away from the basket, those ones never go in. Also the stupid lay-ups I missed too . You forgot to take those into consideration when calculating the percentages. Might want a few tips from Stats Whore .

Stats Whore, for some reason I don't think you're the fastest guy at CCWB. But you are the fastest with the ball. Does that make any sense? I got my Sonics tickets in the mail last night, so your Raptors vs Sonics are ready. I think the Raptors will beat them by at least 8 points. Yeah man, Justin with his George Gervin finger-rolls & killer treys from wherever, whenever. That's sick!

Because we were one player short & some people left early, almost everyone played for each of the 3 teams at least once.

(7-4) Alf (1), Jeff, Steve, Stats Whore
(4-5) Lester (2), Cliff, Emerson, King, Justin
(3-5) Erick (3), Gary, Franco, Patrick, Zechy

Highlights

3. One of Alf's reverses which spinned in very nicely, I don't remember which game. Stats Whore might remember cuz he yelled out "dam, that was nice"
2. Franco's "automatic machine" gun 3s in the last game!
1. Zechy scores in his own basket and then proceeded to argue that it was the right basket... that was rolling-on-floor laughing material.

Thanks Justin & Stats Whore~

Stars
3. Justin & Pat (Udonis Haslem!!!)
2. Franco: 3 treys in the last game. I can only dream of doing that
1. Stats Whore: Lucky I was only guarding you for one game & not the whole night. You have to slow down, you're always leaving me in the dust, so embarassing

Injuries
Franco, finger(s). Thank Louie for that. Louieeeeeeeeeeee~

Donations
$5 Zechy

October 12

Damn Felix & Stats Whore, another sister post

(8-4) Simon (3), Colin, Felix, Jason, Justin, Kelvin, King
(5-5) Lester (2), Franco, Joe, Norton, Stats Whore, Vince
(2-6) Alf (1), Emerson, Gary, Jayrome, Steve, Zechy

Highlights
3. King's block on Jayrome's transition trey attmept, he had to reach for the sky for that block. Too bad Jayrome got the ball right back & drove in for a lay-up.
2. Franco swishes 2 treys in the last game over Simon's team, one was a game-winner. I'm surprised we were just 3-4 against them, it felt like 1-6.
1. Kobe seemingly rapes Kobe - Lester & King both tripped & Lester landed on top on King in the you-know-what position. But Lester was at no point touching King, even when Emerson tried to push him down. You know why? Cuz he has have strong arms & legs to hold his body up

Stars
3. Stats Whore & Zechy [played their hearts out, but their supporting cast (namely Lester & Alf, respectively) let them down lol. Alf did have a nice back-behind-the-basket bank shot for a game-winner in game 11 for a 7-5 win though]
2. Simon: just as unstoppable as Justin, had 2 game-winners with one being a trey; a rebounding machine
1. Justin: 5 game-winners, 3 were treys. Even if he had zero game-winners, he would still be the first star

Donations
$5 Jason
$5 Norton
$4 Vince
$3 Colin
$3 Kelvin

October 5

Yeah Stats Whore, there you go. I know you love being called that!
And say what?! The Rock?! As in RiverRock?! Damn you gamblers!

Vince, Franco wasn't the only one that owned Alf. Felix owned him tons of times on his drives. As Joe was saying, it's something that's "expected." In your face Alf! And Vince it isn't that you suck on D. You gave me that trey! You were 5 feet away from me & your hands were down. It was a heat-check shot really. It rolled around the rim once before dropping lol. Hey man, you were expecting me to do a step-back pull-up from 3-point land? That's something Kevin, Luis or Stats Whore would do. I'm not in that elite group, although I wish I were lol. I do shoot them by the way, but maybe just one or two max each night, if I think I'm warmed up

No worries Chris Kaman. You got the ball & the ball got me, just the wrong direction. Can't straighten my pinky as it'll hurt, just need a little time. I will think of some new moves during my time off since I can't seem to score on you these days. And King was saying it's his first donation, hence the large amount lol. I don't know what Stats Whore is complaining about *ahem*. That's so him... the name is more appropriate than Wade There is nothing to be ashamed of being a Stats Whore. As a matter of fact, that's like admin material! Unlike Alf... all he does as an admin is: "Hey Lester, can I be captain tonight?" How can I say no? He got us the gym lol. Also none of you guys want to be captain

It's all good Franco, you did a lot of good things last night. It was my fault in game 4 for you to make the outlet pass to me when we were up 6-5. Then Steve stole it & Stats Whore knocked down the trey over Jayrome to win it. Mad And yes, Colin had this awesome pass to somebody & I said "nice one Colin" & he acknowledged. It was Magic-esque, he knows it too. Jeff was freakin crazy on offence besides he usual solid D. All his outside jumpers were goin in!

Read this somewhere, sooo funny:
"Is Eddy Curry a baby Shaq or a more athletic Oliver Miller?"
Made my day lol.

(5-4) Alf (1), Gary, Jeff, King, Steve, Wade Stats Whore is his new name, so don't call him Wade anymore
(4-4) Patrick (2), Franco, Jayrome, Joe, Kelvin, Lester
(3-4) Vince (3), Andrew Kwan, Colin, Felix, Norton, Richard

Highlights
3. Andrew's bloody nose thanks to Alf's moving pick. Alf actually shoved his shoulder while doing the pick, & he was aiming at Andrew's head, what a cheap bastard
2. Alf's wrap-around-his-back/hip lay-up in game 9. But lost the game 7-6 because Felix hit a trey to win it after doing about 3 fakes along with a few pass-offs in between... money!
1. King's hair... looks like a freakin forest

Top Duos
3. Felix (was a force on both ends of the court yet again) & Vince (multiple acrobatic shots as usual & 2 game-winners with one being a trey)
2. Franco (isn't relying on the bank shot anymore, made some tough ones from the baseline) & Jayrome (hit all the game-winners for his team's 4 wins; 2 were treys)
1. Alf (carving up space in the key the entire night... what I'm trying to say is... your ass is too big) & Stats Whore (hacked countless times because he was going to the hoop 99% of the time; had one game-winner & was a trey for a 7-6 win in game 4)

Injuries
Lester, hyper-extended pinky, hurts like a mother... out for at least a week

Donations
$20 King
$10 Steve
$5 Andrew
$1 each from Colin, Kelvin, Norton & Richard

September 28

Hey Vince, I think they meant Justin &/or King. Either of their output was more than double mine. Lix was great on me, he knows all my moves. Dang, I know all his moves as well but he still schooled my a$$. And for the age thing, it's just like fine wine... gets better as it ages!

Welcome Felix's friends (highlighted in red below)

Simon wanted to play really bad as he was there the whole night but there was no room, sorry man

(8-4) Justin (2), Franco, Gary, Joe, King, Lester
(4-5) Alf (1), Emerson, Jayrome, Jeff, Steve, Zechy
(3-6) Vince (3), Andrew Kwan, Colin, Felix, Kevlin Lee, Norton Chan aka (Michael Jordan), Richard Lee

Longest Winning Streak
Games 4-7 for Justin's team

Highlights
3. Emerson swishes a trey 5 feet beyond in game 9.
2. Norton locks the ball with his wrist & goes up for a Jordan-esque lay-in pass Lester in game 10. Sweetness!
1. Vince's 2 acrobatic shots in game 11, one of which was a game-winner.

Stars
3. Vince: carried his team on his shoulders, but since his team had 7 players instead of 6, there wasn't any chemistry, that's why the wins were hard to come by
2. Felix: Played well on Tuesday but even better tonight. Schooling Lester in every way imaginable on offense & shutting him down good with multiple steals & forcing him with 2 ill-advised shots. But those 2 shots turned out to be perfect game-winning passes for King & Gary lol) And sorry for the Paul Leong special (the infamous clothes-line) I did on you, it was unintentional!
1. King (4 game-winners with one being a trey, all within the first 5 games his team played... as Chuck would call it, that's "sick, wicked & nasty!") & Justin [3 game-winners with back-to-back game-winning treys in games 12 & 13, bailed his team out in both those games because they had no business winning them, although the scores were tight (5 & 6 respectively for the losing teams)]

Injuries
Felix, ankle
Jeff, back... elbowed by Justin
Lester, right big toe-nail

Donations
$5 Norton
$4 Justin
$2 Joe
$1 Colin
$1 Kelvin
$1 Richard

Thanks "dickie" for the update

September 21

Helen from CCWB left me a voice message at 2:38PM on September 15th & told me there will be a school conference next Thursday & Friday, so there will be no ball on September 21. Darn it

September 14

First off I would like to apologize for screaming at my teammates for leaving someone wide-open underneath the basket on several occasions. Usually that's the only thing I scream about cuz I really can't stand wide-open point-blank baskets, it drives me nuts. Anyway, I'm giving myself a warning. If it happens again I won't play for half a year. Anyone can remind me if it happens, thanks.

Vince, I did put myself in twice lol. That time when I outscored Luis was pretty sweet. Man, I can't believe there's no ball next Thursday

Thanks for the props Paul. And as Felix was saying, his team was winless (at the time) & he wasn't complaining, & also it was me who picked the team, so I have nobody to blame but myself, which makes sense lol.

Franco, I wouldn't scream at you if you were on my team for those 2 shots cuz they are 15+ feet away from the basket hahaha, but you got my laughing out loud with that post.

Holy smokes Wade, maybe you should start writing up the forums. I'm sure most of you are sick of my style of writing already, it's pretty plain lol. And I agree with you that Chris Kaman's teammates need to look for him & feed him the rock... CHRIS KAMAN!!!

(7-3) Lester (1), Alan, Franco, Joe, Patrick, Wade
(5-4) Alf (3), Gary, Jeff, Simon, Steve, Vince
(1-6) Ray (2), Cliff, Colin, Emerson, Erick, Felix, Jason

Longest Winning Streak
4 from Alf's team for games 4-7

Highlights
Wade popping treys as game-winners 3 times!

Stars
3. Emerson: made multiple tough hoops inside & converted the only alley-oop play tonight... I was stunned for a while, couldn't believe what I saw
2. Simon: one of the smallest players but he plays a lot bigger than his size; solid
1. Wade: I mean Ray Allen cuz he had so many treys & he was actually wearing his jersey; 5 game-winners in 7 of his team's wins

Injuries
Lester...
1. right eyeball (Simon hit me but I forgot which part of his body)
2. back (Felix for climbing me... yeah, climbing me!)
3. right wrist & hand (don't really know why it hurts so much, all I know is that's the reason why I missed 30 shots instead of just 15)

Donations
$2
From October 2nd's reply, now I know! Thanks "dickie"

September 7

Wade, every coach would tell his players to double-team Wade if there's no Shaq, so you're gonna die either way... I was more disgusted at the beginning than at the end. As the night went on I realized it's just gonna be one of those nights where everyone on your team had the mojo going. And like Jason said, both losing teams played hard too, so it wasn't handed to you guys; you guys earned it. Our next goal is 13-1 now

Jason, I'm sure =)

(12-2) Thunder (2), Franco, Justin, Victor, Wade
(3-6) Alf (3), Andrew Chan (second no show within last 14 days; off the Evite until further notice), Cliff, Erick, Jeff, Simon
(1-8) Lester (1), Gary, Jason, Ray, Vince

New Records by Thunder's team
Most Wins: 12

New Records by Lester's team
Most Losses: 8

Highlights
3. Thunder breaks Cliff's ankles on a crossover, too bad he missed the shot though.
2. Thunder receives a pass under the hoop from cherry-picking & fakes a pass to the opponent. Thinking he has an easy hoop, he actually missed the lay-in. Oh, Thunder!
1. Justin nailed a trey in game 4 from the right elbow for the game-winner while fouled by Simon, breaking a 5-5 tie.

Stars
3. Victor Teo: 3 game-winners with 1 from downtown
2. Justin: 4 game-winners with 2 from downtown; huge on offensive boards tonight
1. Wade: 5 game-winners with 3 from downtown; 95%+ FG percentage, no joke; was NOT part of the 2 losses, he was sitting out with finger & calf injures respectively in those games

Injuries
Jeff, nuts (apparently hit by the ball, but I didn't see it so don't know what actually happened)
Wade, finger & left calf (hit my Simon's knee)
Get well soon Bros!

Donations
$5 Erick
$5 Jason
$5 Vince

August 31

(6-3) Sam (2), Cliff, Franco, Justin
(5-3) King (3), Alex, Alf, Gary, Lester
(2-7) Simon (1), Ambrose, Jeff, Kent, Kevin

Highlights of the Night
Alf's 2 massive blocks on Justin in game 12 in a losing effort.

Tonight's 3 Stars (all are High-Flyers)
3. King: was a beast the whole night... the ball was like his long-lost girlfriend, he was chasing it all night long
2. Sam: he almost touched the top part of the backboard on one occasion... okay, maybe it was an illusion
1. Justin: does anyone on this planet have longer arms than him?!

Donations
$0

August 24

(6-4) Franco (3), Jason, King, Lester, Patrick, Wilfred
(4-6) Paul (1) + Ray (2), Felix, Jeff, Joe, Luis, Thunder, Zechy (called & said can't make it), Andrew Chan (no show), Sam (no show)

Again we only had 13 players. This time we split into 2 teams & played a total of 10 games up to 11.

Highlight
Leading 9-8 in game 7, Lester shot a game-winning 3 from half-court & swished it.

Stars
3. Franco: Shaq Daddy was a man possessed. Also swished a straight-away 3!
2. Patrick: Ray got his share of points tonight, but Patrick dominated him in the paint. Ray got owned!
1. Lester: Wow, I was on fire! And I actually scored more than Luis! This will probably never happen again, so I'll cherish this one for a while.

Injuries
Lester elbowed Jeff's Adam's Apple after grabbing a defensive board. Sorry Jeff, hope you can still sing.

Donations
$5 Patrick
$2 Joe

August 17

(7-4) Lester (1), Cyrus, Dave, Joe, Kevin, Simon
(4-5) Thunder (2), Cliff, Jason, King, Patrick, Wade
(4-6) Franco (3), Colin, Jeff, Ray, Vince, Zechy

Longest Streak
Lester's team won the last 5 games (yeah, we were 2-4 at one point)

Can't think of any highlights for tonight. Had a few injuries though: Patrick fell down hard on his back & he claimed that Franco fouled him; Colin got a big cut on his forehead after the ball hit his face / glasses; & finally Wade's left shoulder was hit again. Wish you all speedy recoveries!

Donations
Vince $5, Colin $2, Joe $2 (Let me know if I missed you)

August 10

(7-3) Lester (3), Franco, Kevin, Luis, Victor Cheung
(5-4) Thunder (1), Michael, Ray, Simon, Zechy
(1-6) Patrick (2), David, Jeff, King, Wilfred, Paul (one game only)

Jason (the score-keeper for tonight) & Wade dropped by. I kept passing the ball to Wade even though he was in street clothes. Oops

Highlight
While down 6-4 in the 11th game, Kevin tries to tie the game up with a wide-open transition trey. Michael sneaks up behind Kevin and smashes the ball towards the near corner. Michael's team ended up winning the game 7-5.

Best Game
Lester's team went into cruise control leading 6-2 in the 2nd game. A few easy baskets and some timely stops later, the lead was cut to 6-5. After receiving a cross-court pass, Thunder banked a rainbow 2 over the out-stretched arm of Lester to win the game 7-6.

MVP
Luis. Wow, what a surprise

Hottest 3-point Shooters
Thunder, Franco, Kevin, Ray, Zechy
Yeah, quite a few tonight.

Donations
$0

August 3

Backed by popular demand,
(7-4) Lester (1), Michael, Franco, Erick, Kevin
(6-4) Wade (3), Luis, Zechy, Wilfred, Patrick
(1-6) Thunder (2), Gary, Paul, Simon, Ray, Dickson (no show)

Highlights
Kevin & Wade exchanged "pleasantries." Wade got hit in the face by Lester's elbow. Lester got hit hard in the stomach by Simon's big ass. Franco hit 2 3s and had 2 game-winners. I was playing with Franco's fat after he hit the second game-winner. It was cool.

Donations
$0

Wade, I wanted to hit you harder. I wanted you to get 4 stitches... one more than me! Just kidding

Shaq, I do have a 6-pack, but it's covered by a layer of fat. In other words, there should be extra protection. But I guess my stomach was in a relaxed mode, that's probably why it hurt more than it should have... cuz you know I don't go down easily.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com