Forums » Nightly Stats and Highlights » A Second Stat?

Messages for A Second Stat?

Comment Posted by Alf Apr 06, 2009 09:29 PM

God knows we all love our stat.
We only keep one stat and we analysis it to death.
So imagine the fun we can have with a second stat.

I think the most important skill that is unrecognized right now is Assist.
It's great that Justin, Dan the jacker, Luis hit the game winning 3, but It's just as much work in getting the ball to them.
Vince, Ray, Felix, Luis, Dan the jacker, Zechy, Jason, Erick all make awesome passes to us every night that goes unrecognized on the score sheet.
So instead of saying to them "nice pass" after those plays...
Why don't we say "Assist, Vince" or "Assist, Ray" to the score keeper instead.

Here's my proposal:
- Only the scorer can tell the scorekeeper to credit the assist
- For assist, write a "A" in the passer's spot

Comment Posted by Admin Lex Apr 07, 2009 03:20 AM

in that case, i would need to make 2 sheet because to jam in the numbers "2" and "3" in the box will take up lots of space, and keep in mind the score is up to 13 now. and we know that guys like luis and whore is capable of scoring most, if not all, of the teams points, which means we can see 8 numbers in their box. there would be no room for your "A"...

Comment Posted by danielcslau Apr 07, 2009 04:18 AM

Assists are pretty hard to determine in basketball (hockey's a lot easier). Sometimes, the scorers don't even know whether the pass they received should be considered an assist.

People who make good passes could be rewarded by having a good win record! =)

Comment Posted by Admin Lex Apr 07, 2009 04:27 AM

alf, also keep in mind we are already having a lot of miscues as it is (e.g. there was a game-winner trey last week not accounted for). also a lot of times the stats person cannot see whether it's a 1 or a 2. i think we better get these right before adding anything on the stat sheet. otherwise, you are adding more confusion to what we are doing. unless of course i can do the stats all the time, but that's a whole different topic.

Comment Posted by Admin Lix Apr 07, 2009 07:35 AM

i suggest we have a second stat taker to take assists on a seperate sheet if we wanna try a second stat. i agree that stats draws more interest for ppl to post and makes the game more interesting (or even more so). and lester, dun make such a big fuss about missing stats. not everyone's gonna be on the ball like you are and you have to expect some mishaps. i do think that its fun to try tho. can you make an assist sheet for tonite dood?

Comment Posted by Admin Lix Apr 07, 2009 07:38 AM

in addition, if there is a missed assist than its too bad. it wont be listed. that's sorta how i see it.

Comment Posted by Admin Lex Apr 07, 2009 07:39 AM

yeah, i can do it.

sorry for being mr perfect muahahahahahaha~

Comment Posted by Admin Lix Apr 07, 2009 08:23 AM

and the way i see it.. the ppl who cares will make sure that ppl get the stats done right!

i also wish that kobe breaks his ankles and dies from a hit and run

Comment Posted by Admin Lex Apr 07, 2009 08:25 AM

yeah... unfortunately not everyone cares...

unlike the NBA, where caring happens... oh wait, that's ANOTHER type of care... my bad...

Comment Posted by rblmr Apr 07, 2009 06:20 PM

oh man.....dats cold

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com