Forums » CCWB Bball » CCWB Expansion

Messages for CCWB Expansion

Comment Posted by Admin Lix Oct 23, 2008 07:21 PM

Hey Everybody,

The CCWB admins are currently planning on expanding basketball to a second night due to the high demand for good ball and the insufficient space available to cram everyone in. I have done some research and here is what I propose:

1. We will be renting a high school gym for 3 hours once a week (exact date and time have yet to be determined but it will NOT be on Tuesdays because we have basketball at the old Corpus gym) and it will cost approximately $20-25 a month per person. This equates to about $5-6 a night and players will need to pay for the full month up front because we will need to pay the school up front.
2. However, we will need 28 consistent players that can come on that specific day.
3. Two full court games at all times, six teams of 6s (like how it is right now), King of the Ring, so winner stays. Games will go up to 7 as usual. In other words, 4 teams on the courts at all times, and losing teams will only need to wait for one game before they get their turn again.

Reasons to play at this gym:
1. 2 fairly decent size courts without any nearby walls that can get in the way and floors with grip!
2. Nicer gym when compared to our current gym with lots of space to sit and dribble.
3. Two full court games going on at the same time which means lots of opportunities to play against many teams.
4. $5-6 for 3 hours is super cheap for the gym.
5. It's gonna be like Tuesday nights but twice as much fun!

At the moment, we are planning to try it out on a once a month basis just to see how it works out. Please reply if you have any comments, questions or notes that you want the admins to address.

Hopefully we can get this to work!

Kaman OVER Kobe

Comment Posted by Nasser Oct 24, 2008 11:07 AM

This sounds like a great idea. Count me in.

Comment Posted by brothazinc Oct 24, 2008 02:17 PM

Hi,

I would be down with that, please keep me posted on it

Thanks
Brad Checknita

Comment Posted by danielcslau Oct 25, 2008 08:43 PM

wow. two courts going on at the same time. sounds like a lot of fun.

p.s. why do you guys sign off as Kaman and Kobe? makes it sound like you guys are a couple ;)

Comment Posted by yuen06 Jan 10, 2009 05:07 PM

when will we have another attempt at expanding again.. ??! nad have a full 6 teams?

Comment Posted by Admin Lix Apr 02, 2009 05:08 AM

well, as everyone knows, there might be a possibility that we might get thurs nite back. i was hoping maybe its a good time to start a league on thurs nite IF and this is a big IF... we get that nite for bball again. here's what i plan:

4 on 4 bball (full-court) with one sub.
we'll need 4 teams in total or more.
refereeing will be street ball style since its the most fair. that also means no free throws but possesion.
and there will be no charge for the league but ppl will need to bring donations whenever possible (alf's recommentation)

Comment Posted by Admin Lex Apr 02, 2009 05:28 AM

i say everyone bring at least $1 each time. that's virtually nothing if you have been playin drop-in ball long enough in the lower mainland. alf excuse before was not everyone has money. i say 70%+ of us have a job now. seriously alf, $1 for 3 hours of ball isn't askin too much. i paid $9 to play for 2 hours last thursday! even though that's because it's due to a lack of people showing up...

Comment Posted by Admin Lix Apr 02, 2009 05:40 AM

we'll see how things go... but we'll def need to up our donations a bit if we get a second nite of bball

Comment Posted by Admin Lex Apr 02, 2009 05:49 AM

it would also be interesting to see how many of the tuesday regulars (from when we had 2 nights of ball) can make it to the thursdays. i think only brad miller, emerson, lil girl, victor, zechy and myself were the ones that could consistently make it on both nights (back then, vince could only make the thursdays and not tuesdays)...

Comment Posted by Admin Lix Apr 02, 2009 05:58 AM

we'll see... committment is the only issue we have but i think this is an opportunity to invite new ppl in as well and an even greater opportunity to reconnect with those that used to play at ccwb eg. ed kim, joe yu, checknita, clay, chris, thunder, simon, dickson, etc etc.

Comment Posted by vince Apr 02, 2009 05:18 PM

i'll love to be part of a thurs league as long as i don't have to play every thurs :)

totally agreed regarding the donation thing. people should be informed at ball since not everyone checks the forum though.

Comment Posted by Alf Apr 02, 2009 06:23 PM

Guys don't get your hopes up yet.
It's still a distant possibility.
The two guys who came in for the interview isn't in charge.
The Fathers and Principle is.
So relax.

Comment Posted by Admin Lix Apr 03, 2009 04:19 AM

It's true that we shouldnt weigh too much hope onto getting a second nite back at ccwb but it shouldnt stop us from discussing possible expansion plans. we might even be able to incorporate it onto our regular nites! lol

Comment Posted by Admin Lex Apr 03, 2009 05:29 AM

he only looks confident only when it's you or me guarding him. let's get ray on him next time. oh wait, ray will most likely bail... let's get top dawg in there!

Comment Posted by Admin Lix Apr 08, 2009 04:12 AM

stupid ray he did indeed bail!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com